Hold on to your hat, reel up your line, and sharpen your hooks!!
The 8th annual Canadian Esox Association “Bud, Spud, and Steak” night is fast approaching (Friday, April 20th) and we are working hard to make our event bigger and better than ever!
Our goal is to continue our tradition of raising funds to support CEA charities and activities.
Past contributions include:
$19,500 to Kids Fishing for a Cure;
$12,000 to the Never Alone Foundation; and
$10,000 to Angler Young Angler.
Please help us to continue to support fine charitable organizations such as these.
Other past activities include donations to:
• Walleye Warrior Marathon (proceeds going to CancerCare Manitoba);
• Darcy’s Arc;
• Winnipeg Humane Society;
• Winnipeg Harvest;
• Ducks Unlimited Canada;
Supporting a musky stocking program in Manitoba.
Prize summary of some of the prizes:• Lund Boat and Shorelander Trailer (Donated by Lund and Shorelander Trailers)
• Fishing Package (Wholesale Sports, Fishin Hole, Cabelas
• Beer Fridge (Molsons, Jason Gautier, Kiley Horvath and Hat Tricks)
• Queen Size Bed (Natural Rest Bedding)
• Stainless Steel BBQ (CEA)
• Camping Package Tent (Jason Gautier and Kiley Horvath, Howard Johnsons)
• Pedal Truck (Deacon’s Corner Petro-Canada
• Jets Autographed Framed Picture (Apex, Jay Chester)
• Signed Bobby Hull Original Chicago Home Jersey Uniquely Signed “The Golden Jet”
• Signed Bobby Hull Original Chicago Home Jersey.
• 2.5hp Yamaha Outboard Motor
• Walking Stick: Artfully done with hand carved and hand painted fish on it (Jerry Beck)
• Ducks Unlimited Print
• Lunch with Mayor Sam Katz
• Mylies’ Place Lodge (3 nights stay for 4 people)
• Wiley’s Point Lodge (2 nights stay for 4 people, American Plan)
• Jets memorabilia;
• The Vroom from Vacuflo Manitoba ($230.00)
• Terri and Guy Kafka have donated a iphone/ipad docking speaker, iTunes gift card, plus a Kokia Arm Band to carry an iphone;
• Golf package;
• Portable BBQ;
• Mastercraft Angle Grinder;
• One Free night stay at Park West Inn Hotel 525 Dale Boulevard Winnipeg complements of Dave Andrews;
• $50 Cabelas gift certificate;
• Dormond fleece jacket;
• "Dr. Ping Pong/ MB Table Tennis Assoc": 2 paddles and table tennis case sets, value about $50 each. Christmas gift box, value ~ 430-40.
"Kevin Gutoski, Deacon's Corner Petro-Canada & A&W": Retail value $499.00...a vintage A & W Pedal Truck.
• From "Rob Armstrong/ Koil Hair Studio": 3 haircut/ style coupons,value $30 each.
• From "Charles Garinger, The Hive Hair Company, former lead singer of Winnipeg band "The Harlots"", 3 x hair-cut/ styles.
• From "Winnipeg Musician's Hockey" featuring Chris Burke-Gaffney of Pumps & Orphan" http://expertsystemsinc.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/this-week-in-musicians-hockey-83/": 22 assorted CD's from Winnipeg artisits.
• From "Direct Focus": Package of promo materials: X-tra large fleece car blanket, Mobius Rain-Wind Coat (High Quality), Insulated Jacket w/ zip-off sleeves, 1 Stormtech-dry tech long sleeve shirt, 1 Antigua Gold Co. woman's golf shirt, 1 Antigua Male Golf shirt, 2 baseball caps, 2 golf ball-tee packages, 2 promo pens, 2 watercup-bottles.
• A six piece Corningware set with 2.5 Kg of Wild Rice. Donated by, Susan McPherson of Du Bois Wild Rice Ltd.
• Jason and Kiley from Hat Tricks are donating a beer fridge full of beer for this event, as well as some weekend stays at the Ho Jo with dinners for 2 included.
• An Oster Digital Toaster Oven with Convection. Value $150.00