About the Canadian Esox Association
- The Canadian Esox Association was formed in 2003 by Craig Stapon and a group of other musky/pike fishing enthusiasts. Today we have approximately 75 members, including both amateur anglers and professional guides. We hold monthly meetings in the Banquet room of the Marion Hotel, first Thursday of every month (7:00-10:00pm). You are welcome to come and check it out.
- We have a web page and fishing forum (www.canadianesox.com) where members can be in contact with not only other club members but other anglers around the world. We have outings and tournaments organized throughout the year in both Manitoba and Ontario.
- Every year CEA hosts a Bud, Spud, and Steak fundraiser to raise money for Cancer Care Manitoba, through the Never Alone Foundation, and other CEA charities and activities. Club members are involved in fundraising for Kids Fishing for A Cure, the Walleye Warrior Marathon, Angler Young Angler, the Red River Walleye Challenge, and many other charitable events and tournaments in Manitoba and Ontario.
- Our co-founder and current president, Craig Stapon, “the Voice of Manitoba Angling,” is the host of “Let’s Talk Fishing” on CJOB 68 radio and regularly contributes fishing related articles for various fishing and outdoor magazines, actively promoting sport fishing in Manitoba and Ontario.
Our goals as they appear in our constitution are as follows:
- To develop and promote the sport of fishing for Muskellunge and Northern Pike.
- To make Muskellunge and Northern Pike fishing accessible to under-privileged youth.
- To develop and promote a greater understanding and knowledge of the sport fishing industry.
- To promote and develop relationships with corporate business in regards to sponsorship.
- To promote and encourage ethical fish handling techniques and proper fish conservation. We support catch and release.
- To co-ordinate a series of regular meetings, roundtable discussions, and functions in order to promote and establish fellowship among members.
- For members to share ideas, techniques and information, which will enhance the overall appreciation and knowledge of the sport of “Musky” and “Northern Pike” fishing.